Collection Holders are now invited to apply for the 2017 Bursary, kindly provided by Brother UK Limited.
The Bursary will provide grants to help improve your National Collection, in particular for (though not limited to):
- Assistance with research to improve the Collection
- Horticultural training relevant to improving the Collection
- Capital Projects to improve the collection
- Assistance with improving interpretation for visitors
- Other projects that are not covering general running costs or purchasing of plants
Grants have ranged between £100 and £500 in the past as a guideline and funds are limited.
For an application form and guidelines please see the Bursary section on the website.
The deadline for applications is January 25th, 2017.
We will be sending out a reminder email in the New Year.
For 2016 Brother Bursary award recipients, please see: https://collectionholdernews.wordpress.com/2016/03/04/brother-bursary-awards-for-2016/
Alongside the Bursary scheme for improvement of National Collections, Brother UK has donated a number of labelling machines to be offered to National Collection Holders.
National Collection Holders are offered the chance to apply for a machine and should there be more applicants that machines available for this year, a draw will be held to determine the recipients.
Please complete this form and return to National Office by Wednesday 25th January 2017.